Wednesday, December 2, 2009
* 1 whole milkfish (thawed, scaled and gutted)
* 1 tomato, sliced lengthwise
* 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
* a small piece of ginger, chopped finely
* few drizzles of sesame oil
* salt and pepper
* 4 tbsp (depends how hot you like it) of chili garlic sauce
* 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
Preheat the oven to 375Â°F. In a bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, chili garlic sauce and oyster sauce.Set aside.
Score (cut) both sides of the fish diagonally. I did 2 on each.
Drizzle both sides of fish with the sesame oil.
Then season both sides with salt and pepper.
Lay the fish on a piece of foil, large enough to cover a baking pan.
Brush both sides of the fish with the chili garlic sauce and oyster sauce mixture. Try to put some sauce inside the fish too (in the head and stomach). Distribute any remaining sauce as well as the slices tomatoes on the sides.
Using another piece of foil, cover the fish, folding the 4 sides to cover making sure there’s a tent-like shape on top which allows the fish to steam. Gently transfer the foil covered fish on a baking pan. Put it in the oven. Steam for 25-35 minutes.