Monday, October 12, 2009
Zesty Fish Kilawin
1/2 kilo very fresh tuna, cut in 1/2 inch cubes (or tanigue, lahahita or bangus)
1/2 cup Spiced Vinegar (for rinsing)
1/3 cup Vinegar (white)
2 tsp ginger, sliced into fine strips
1/2 cup onions (preferably sibuyas mura, "shallots "), chopped finely
1/3 cup dayap juice
freshly ground pepper
siling labuyo, chopped (start with 3-4 pieces first)
* Wash the fish very well under running water. Squeeze out water.
* Add 1/2 cup Spiced Vinegar to rinse and gently wash the fish pieces in vinegar.
* Squeeze vinegar out. Add ginger, onions, Vinegar (white), salt and siling labuyo.
* Add the 1/3 cup dayap juice and freshly ground pepper.
* Place the marinatedfish in a covered glass bowl in the refrigerator for 15 minutes then serve. * Serves 4.
Preparation time: 20-30 minutes